Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 Days - July 14: Altered Tin

This is a little tin I made just because I like to make little altered tins. The flowers are Petaloo, and shared with me by Wendy at Stampadoodle to enter the Petaloo Color me Crazy Challenge.

The tin is an upcycled Altoid tin, painted with Lumiere paints. Paper is Graphic 45 Once upon a Springtime collection. I love the fairies and colors in this collection! (I have fairies in my garden, don't you know!) Petals are painted with Lumiere, as is the ribbon. The inner petals are punched from Lumiere painted paper, and attached with painted brads. A bit of Stickles was added to add a bit of sparkle.

After a few mishaps, it finally worked out close to how I envisioned it.

Check out what others are doing with their 30 Days Get your Art on Challenge here.


Oh... PS... this picture is taken on the rug next to the sliding glass doors because it's so dark and gloomy and rainy today, it's the only spot it came close to working. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love it! And I love Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail. Beautiful artwork, Helen.

Priscilla said...

Thank you for entering the Petaloo’s Color me Crazy Challenge. Your entry is just lovely. We will be emailing the winners & runner-ups on Wednesday July 27th ! And don’t forget to visit our Petaloo Youtube channel and website gallery for more ideas and inspiration. Good luck!
Priscilla :)
http://petaloo.typepad.com
Petaloo Products
Priscilla@petaloo.com

Lesley said...

I love altered tins and this is beautiful. The more I use fairies in my art the more I enjoy them. I think every girl believes in fairies don't you?
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...