Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - first bloom

 Gentle sign of hope
Springing forth from warming earth
Violets first bloom

From my herb garden. The "evergreen" violet showed it's love for the recent warm weather with it's first bloom. 


I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 


Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 


You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello.



3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Love your Haiku and always love the first blooms of anything. Have a great Wednesday. Happy Hump Day Haiku.

lynnsie said...

Love your Haiku Helen. You are so closely connected to the earth. It's wonderful!!

Rhonda said...

Violets grow in your neck of the woods? How cool. I always thought you had to grow them indoors. Love your Haiku and photo Helen! xo :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...