Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seaweed Heart

Lazy afternoon
wandering a sunny beach
brings us a surprise. 

Impromptu beach visits are easy for us, living on Bellingham Bay. One of our sunny day drives brought us to Chuckanut Beach, where hubby was busy looking for raptors. (We did see a couple of bald eagles and red tailed hawks) I wandered looking for interesting rocks or other treasures, and came across this heart shape on the seaweed covered shore. I can see one on the rock as well, but you already know how fanciful I can get. :) 



Linking to 
Guest Heart Thursday  at Random Hearts
Share the Joy Thursday at Meri's Musings


12 comments:

Laura said...

such a love-ly discovery!

lynnsie said...

I love this Haiku Helen. It give me hope of spring. I'm needing that now. I'll be glad to see you on Saturday.

anthonynorth said...

Ah, surprises are good.

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful haiku and photo ~ delight! ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor)

Clytie said...

The rock really stands out in the sea of seaweed, doesn't it? I enlarged the shot and fanciful me found a bunch more surprise hearts twining around amidst the flotsam!

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Yes, a wonderful find indeed. When I blew the photo up I noted that it said Your Name Here. Do you know how that got there? Or did it say that on it?

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

No, it said Your Text Here, not Your Name Here.

Lenora said...

the heart that is wide open sees detail others miss - lovely

Marit said...

Inspiration and treasures can be found everywhere! Love the photo and haiku. Live life with your heart!

tami said...

such sweetness! love those sweet surprises.

Meri said...

Good find, my fellow looker-for-heart-shapes-in-nature!

rebecca said...

nature always is a heart saver.
love your haiku and seaweed design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...