Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rusty Heart

Just a rusty heart
made by an amazing man
because he loves me! 


We saw these yard art hearts at the NW Flower and Garden show in Seattle last week. 
I really, really wanted one. 

My husband mentioned (rather than buy it on the spot) that he could make me one. We have an old whiskey/wine barrel planter that has finally fallen apart, so supplies were at hand. 

And yesterday he surprised me with it for Valentines Day. 

Now we need to go to the ReStore for some corrugated steel siding, so he can make me this:
Yes, I know how lucky I am. 

Every day is valentines when the one you love fills you with joy! 




Linking to 
Guest Heart Thursday  at Random Hearts
Share the Joy Thursday at Meri's Musings

19 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How wonderful!!! I'm am also blessed by the love of a talented man. I appreciate what you are saying!!! Have a grand day! Cathy

Laura said...

beautiful...may the joy continue to overflow.

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Oh, Helen, that's so much more than "just a rusty heart." = )

Kim Mailhot said...

So glad you are blessed with such a heart in your life. I too am always on the hunt for hearts in unexpected places. Gifts from the Universe, aren't they ?
Have a joyous Thursday !

Unknown said...

Fabulous! to have this guy in your life! that LOVES you and your rusty heART!

Meri said...

Wow -- what a handy (and loving) guy to have around.

Halcyon said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift!

She Who Doodles said...

awesome.

foxysue said...

What a romantic gesture, I received a heart from my love when I was 15 he made me a heart pin cushion!

Sue x

carol l mckenna said...

What a man! Wow! awesome haiku ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) ~ enjoy the weekend ^_^

Priti Lisa said...

How much prettier with the rust!
And perfectly thoughtful and loving.
♥♥♥

Kristin said...

That is awesome! What a guy! xo

anthonynorth said...

Great haiku, and I love the accompanying pic.

Annie Jeffries said...

What a joy that he takes an imaginative and inspired hand in taking care of your heart.

Lea said...

These love hearts are amazing! And yours are one of a kind indeed! Thank you for sharing your love and radiating it out!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I am smiling...you are blessed...


Waiting for the Women

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Obviously, your hubby is a real keeper. I'm kind of a love cynic but I am very happy when I hear about good men who have the capacity to truly love and appreciate another.

rebecca said...

love love love
all the hearts in your haiku, beating and rusting.

Marit said...

Aaw, that's so sweet! Oh yes, men like that are rare and I'm glad you are loved by one of them (I'm loved by such a man too) Aren't we blessed?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...