Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - picnic

Imagine summer
and a warm evening picnic
with the one you love. 


This photo is from the Northwest Flower and Garden show, although I cannot recall which display garden. It made me think of summer and picnics and warm weather, on this gray and rainy day.




I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos. 


Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 


You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to say hello. 



5 comments:

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Ahh...a warm evening, or morning, or afternoon. I can imagine. What a lift from our dreary, very wet weather, Helen.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for summer and picnics! Thank you for the lovely Haiku that takes my mind off winter for a bit! Happy Hump Day! :-)

lynnsie said...

You caught me off guard with the talk of summer. It gave me a great idea for the first nice day I see. Thank you. I loved your Haiku as always. It inspired mine. Thank you again.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fireplace blazes,
warming faces, feet, legs, drinks--
picnic on the rug.

Cheryl said...

Your photo is inspiring me to go on a picnic. Too bad the weather isn't cooperating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...