Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pansy love

Cheerful little face
growing in a greenhouse pot
fills my heart with joy.

I recently realized that there are no pansies wintering over in pots on my deck. Not sure how that happened.  They are sturdy little fellows and winter over well, as a rule. I've been wanting some for early spring. I just adore pansies! 


After sharing lunch with my husband this weekend, (I adore him too!) I got a quick tour of the greenhouses to see what was blooming. Isn't this little pansy face cute? And do you see the heart on the bottom petal?  :)



Linking to 

Guest Heart Thursday  at Random Hearts
Share the Joy Thursday at Meri's Musings



12 comments:

rebecca said...

yes...they do have a way of charming the pants off of winter!!!

Anonymous said...

Love those little Johnny Jump Ups... so sweet!

Kim Campbell Radder said...

I can see the pansy heart; not so much on the rusty wall. I went to Hi Hoe Nursery on Tuesday and took some photos, including yellow violas in the sunshine. They are such cheerful flowers.

Meri said...

Yes -- pansies are charming! I used to have them in pots on the porch for winter color, but somehow that's fallen by the wayside. I need to revive the tradition.

Unknown said...

Waiting waiting for these sweet faces to make an appearance here!

x..x

Fallingladies said...

Beautiful and filled with hope for warmth!

teri said...

Wandering over from Guest Heart Thursday- A perfect tiny heart. They are everywhere once you begin to look.

It is interesting how sometimes they winter over in the same spot. But other times they pop up somewhere else. Mine started out in a pot on the front porch, but they spread prolifically to the flower beds just below the pots. Enjoy!

anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed those words.

Lea said...

I see lots of hearts, in the image, your words, and your love... sweet these pansy smiles from you! Thank you!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Is there anyone so hardhearted that she or he can't smile at a pansy?

For Sister Moon

Chèvrefeuille said...

Lovely haiku with a beautiful picture.

Dani said...

so beautiful. Both haiku and the photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...