Tuesday, March 13, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - Full Bloom

 
Bright spot in the gray
Cheering me on rainy days
Full bloom hellebore

Profusely blooming!
My hellebore Rosemary
helps me know she's near.

I love looking out the kitchen window at my hellebore, which has been in full bloom for the past several weeks. It's so wonderful to have plants that bloom in the end of winter gray weather. If you look closely, you'll also see the daffodils poking their head above ground too! 


And I know you're probably tired of hearing this... but I see a heart in one of the blossoms. I guess I want to see hearts everywhere, so I do. 



I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 


Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 


You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 




5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Beautiful Hellebore that goes very well with your Haiku.Your Hellebore is beautiful. My daffodils are poking their way through as well. Happy Hump Day!

Kim Campbell Radder said...

She's beautiful, like her namesake. Her birthday was the
9th. You've got her in a container...hmmm. Great idea. As always, nice haikus, Helen.

GlorV1 said...

Very nicely done helen. I think I left a comment previously but stopped by to link my post. Take care, have a great Wednesday tomorrow.:))

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a Hellebore. What a beautiful flower! Is it a perennial? Do the deer eat them? Can I grow them in Northern Idaho? Your haiku is awesome today Helen. :-)
Happy HuMp Day!

Cheryl said...

I agree that it is nice to have blooming flowers on grey wintry days. I can hardly wait for the daffodils.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...