Wednesday, January 15, 2014

No Right Answer

Art has no right answer. The best we can hope for is an interesting answer.
Seth Godin / The Icarus Deception

Stained Glass-look Owl
Artist Trading Card

I have an artist friend who "disdains" the use of tracing in their art.  I say horse feathers! Use whatever helps you create your own original art. 


4 Owl Artist Trading Cards
Twinkling H2O Watercolor
#14, 15, 16, 17
These owls were all traced onto the ATC from a drawing I made using a picture as a guide. The rest was free hand. I wanted to mimic the stained glass look. They are headed to ARTzona as part of my ATC for trade, along with the original (top) that was entered into the monthly contest on atcsforall.com.  

I couldn't show these last four when I created them in early January as voting was happening, however they are considered paintings #14 - 17 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge. Tiny paintings count and besides, these owls were addicting. :) 


Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...