Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What's in my Studio...

This has been a bit of a crazy week, with a few pesky health issues causing some stress. All will be well. However with all that is going on, I have not taken an actual picture of my studio in all it's messy glory. o.O  

I created a few ATC's this weekend for an art a-thon on atcsforall.com. This photo was taken in the studio. Does that count? :)  
I could not get this to scan well, and the photo is pretty lousy, but you kinda of get the idea.

Last weekend we went to the Port of Bellingham Holiday Festival, where the main attraction is the gingerbread house contest. This entry is by my friend Llew. City Sidewalks includes our local arts and craft store.  She got First place in her division. (You can see the blue ribbon to the right)

 This cool church is by another friend, Vonnie, who took second place. Yay for their creativity!

I'm still working on some ornaments, and pins and tiny canvases. My final Holiday show of the season (thank goodness) is this Friday in Fairhaven, from 4:30 - 9:00. So I'm getting a few more goodies ready.

Finally, I wanted to show you my recent painting on display at the Allied Arts Gallery. The open house last Friday was wonderful and I made a couple of new friends while I was there. All the art in this exhibit is under 6 x 6 inches, and in a variety of mediums. Glass work, sculpture, photography, ceramics, mosaics, and paintings.... I worked a shift in the gallery Saturday, so had the opportunity to get a closer look at all the wonderful art.
Low Tide and Autumn Mountain III by Helen Campbell

Hope you're having a wonderful week! 


Sharing with What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday and  Artist Studio Day.

6 comments:

sara j said...

Those painting are wonderful - very powerful! The gingerbread creations look great - I tried one once and was amazed how much time it took. I can't even imagine how long it would take to do a village scene like your friend. And absolutely, the ATC you made at your desk counts. Of course I have no say, but hey, that's just how some weeks go. Hang in there for your last show....and I hope your week is a good one!.
Sara j #20

Unknown said...

Your ATC is lovely. I like your little canvases too. How lucky you are to work in an art gallery! Heaven!
Have a happy week
Lynda B #36

Helen said...

what a talented bunch you are - love the ginger bread houses, but your own art is also fabulous. Helen 24

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry to read if health probs, delighted by your positivity. All will be well. Yes gal. Aren't the gingerbread buildings amazing, kudos to your friends! Like the atc, impressed by how you keep up!

Winnie said...

Wow, your pieces are so lovely! The scenes are so pretty, and the use of texture on them is amazing! Both your friends are so talented with their gingerbread creations! Wow! Winnie#58

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing all the great photos. Gingerbread delights. So pretty. Have a fun week #27 and hoping all is good on the health front.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...