Sunday, June 23, 2013

Full Strawberry Moon


A shot of the nearly full moon last night, with a few wisps of clouds passing by. The clouds kept coming, and we woke to rain. Cloudy skies this evening, so those of you who can see the super moon at it's full, enjoy! And share photos if you take them.

June full moon is called the Full Strawberry Moon because the Algoquin tribes knew this Moon as a time to gather ripening strawberries. (We have harvested two handfuls from our strawberry plants with more to come!) It is also known as the Rose Moon (our wild roses are in full bloom) and the Hot Moon.... (I'm sure it's hot somewhere other than this northwest corner of the USA)


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I've never heard the stories before. Your photos are sharper than mine. I took some last night and found the moon on the other side of the apartment this morning when I got up at 7:00. I'll post them. xo Jenny

GlorV1 said...

I missed the moon. I actually forgot about it. Bummer.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...