Sunday, March 10, 2013

The love of old books...

Hitty, Her First Hundred Years
I found this cool old book at an estate sale a few months ago and fell in love! This is the memoir of an antique carved (of well-seasoned mountain-ash) wooden doll who travels the world over the course of a century, having many exciting adventures.  "...what is a mere hundred years to well-seasoned mountain-ash wood?"

In my recent cleaning and re-organizing, I finally decided to let her go. It's such an adorable book, however I only have so much shelf space. (even after adding another bookcase!) My hope is that another old book lover will discover Hitty, and decide she needs to come to live at their house. :)

Hitty is now available in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...