Tuesday, January 15, 2013

HuMp DaY Haiku - Rainy Day Heart

Discouraging Day
One where nothing was 'quite right'
Wishing I was home

Walking to my car
heading home; my happy place!
Puddle heart inspires. 

I've had a few discouraging weeks at work. You probably know the kind... nothing I do seems quite right to those "in charge". Well, the universe keeps telling me I am special, and I AM good, and there is more out there awaiting my discovery. I'll keep looking! :)


A year or so ago, I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue. I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 



3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Sorry about things being tough at work right now. They just don't realize just how much your skills are needed. It will get better. Love your Haiku. It's really cold over here too. Have a great rest of the week Helen and keep your chin up and walk proud. Show em who you are!!:)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Amazing how little things may go unnoticed till you need them for hope and inspiration! Lovely haiku!

Kim Campbell Radder said...

What your heart tells you...that you ARE special and that your talents ARE good...is the truth. Don't let anyone or any circumstances get you to believe differently. I'm reading Ann Vos Kamp's *One Thousand Gifts.* There is so much to be thankful for every single day. Don't let the nay-sayers blind you to the everyday gifts. Big hug, Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...