Tuesday, July 17, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - Spires of Red

Tall spires of deep red
dancing among light green leaves.
Summer's here at last! 

It always seems that summer weather finally arrives when the monarda (aka bee balm) begins to bloom.  Our weather the past week has been summery, sunny in the high 70's, with a few thunderstorms thrown in. 
Bee Balm is hands down my favorite flower in our garden, loved also by the hummingbirds and bumble bees. The garden is alive with activity! 



I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 



4 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Very very nice Helen. Love your Haiku that goes so well with the photo. We too have lots of bees and the garden is filled with activity. Hope all is good with you. Take care and thanks.

Kim Campbell Radder said...

What a nice photo. I haven't had monarda since the Dinkel Rd. Nowhere to squeeze it in. Hope you and your handsome husband are well and enjoying quiet moments in your garden.

Rhonda said...

Your garden must be soooo amazing Helen! Someday maybe I will get to see it. Happy Hump Day. Love your Haiku and Photo. :-)

Cheryl said...

Your garden is so amazing, Helen. I love that you know the names of all your plants and birds. I hope to bring my camera there soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...