Sunday, March 6, 2011

Three Little Journals

I spent a bit of time last night and this morning making some journals, adapting the format from Teesha Moore's 16 page journal to fit 9 x 12 watercolor paper... 'cuz that's what I have. I cut a few sheets into 4 1/2 inch x 12 inch lengths, using 3 per journal. It's a size that I'll actually work with. I am not comfortable in large journals, that's just how I am. :)

One is a black and white journal done for a challenge by a friend from Canada who I see every so often at Wednesday demos at a local crafting store. I stamped the cover with black gesso and a foam stamp. It will get more work, but I wanted to try a bit of painting before sewing it together.

I've started to paint the inside of the colorful ribbon journal. I think it's going to be a spring themed. I am SO ready for spring. :)

Oh! And I'm going to use the cool new Whimsical Lettering I learned from Christy Schroeder yesterday in my journals. She's an amazing calligrapher who has been teaching for several years. Here's my "take home" from class. It is SO much fun! 


You can see I need improvement... but I am practicing. And I will include this cool lettering in these journals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the journals! Thanks for the link and the description of your adaptation (all I have is 9x12 too). Looking forward to trying this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...