Thursday, December 23, 2010

Footprints on our hearts

 
Some people come into our lives... leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
 In loving memory of Sister Mary Kay Henry 
In 1984, a couple of years after I was divorced, with two small children in tow, I made a bold move (for me) and moved from Salt Lake City, Utah to Lewiston, Idaho. Two of my sisters and their families lived there at the time, so it wasn't totally unknown territory. Mary Kay worked with Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, and welcomed me into the fold with open arms. Me, a newly divorced woman and her a Catholic Nun. :) Mary Kay convinced me to help start a support group for divorced folks, and it became my ministry until I met the love of my life, and we married  in 1995. Shortly before I left Lewiston to marry, I attended my last retreat workshop with Mary Kay. I don't remember the name of the workshop, but I still have the clay "whole note" made during that workshop. 
Mary Kay helped me through a difficult period in my life and supported my path to finding my true self with love and patience and a non-judgmental attitude. I will never forget the kind and loving person that she was, and am beyond blessed to have had her in my life.
Rest in Peace, Mary Kay. And give Jen a hug for me too. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...