Monday, January 18, 2010

Walking in Sunshine

 
Had a lovely walk today on Red Tail Reach with Johnny. Sunshine and a bit breezy but warm enough to wear a light jacket.

We crossed the foot bridge at Racine to get to the trail and looked at the new plantings along Whatcom Creek in the restoration area and watched the creek flow along. Forgot my camera and used my cell phone so the pictures aren't the best. You do get an idea of the trail. You may notice two mallard ducks in the water.

There is a memorial bench near the fork in the trail that goes toward Fraser Street. It would be a nice place to rest when the weather is just a bit warmer.

My goal is to walk one of the Bellingham area trails each week this year... we have miles of trails in our fair city. I'm on track so far. :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Helen, I love your photos. That's quite a goal you've set for yourself. I hope you tell us more about your walks in the coming weeks and months.

Cheryl Ann said...

That looks so peaceful....great goal too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...