Thursday, February 5, 2015

Owl

Sharing an owl piece I worked on this week, using old ledger paper, handmade paper and an owl from a large decorative paper from Italy. All blended together with natural beeswax. (I love working with beeswax!)
This shows the layers a bit... you can see the ledger paper behind the owl. I "framed" the owl with the handmade paper.

At first I thought I was done. Now I'm thinking it might need something else... the edges seem too sharp. Hmmm... What do you think?



Sharing with Paint Party Friday, hosted by Eva and Kristin. 



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely beautiful! Valerie

Geckostone said...

Wow, your owl is awesome, I love it!!!

GlorV1 said...

I think your owl is perfect the way it is. Awesome job. That beeswax is inviting. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous. I like the way your background sets off the owl. Maybe look at it in a day or two and see if you need anything else.

JKW said...

Love it, you always have to leave it set for awhile (as we writers do too) and then come back to it. I would like to see a 'tiny' black ribbon around the whole thing (which would also go with the black pedestal. Blessings, Janet PPF

Linda Kunsman said...

really beautiful! I have yet to experiment with using wax although I've had supplies for some years already.

Faye said...

So beautiful, Helen. I hear from all sorts of people what fun it is to work with wax. Maybe I'll find a class in that some day that I can join.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

sooo beautiful I love owls..
bibiana

Anonymous said...

Oh that owl is beautiful.

I live in the country and they fly over my house and last year for first time. I seen a white owl in the snow.

Ilona Heimböckel said...

What a beautiful owl! It looks wonderful with the other elements!
Happy PPF
Ilona

Erin Vaganos said...

lovely, the muted colors give it a beautiful vintage feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...