Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seeing Circle - Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition: an act or instance of placing close together or side by side,
especially for comparison or contrast.


Interesting theme for last week... the photo I submitted shows the creek behind the house, on the solstice, while they were taking out all the vegetation, and lovely tall trees. The trees on the right are now gone. Straw covers the exposed earth where they are putting in a "vegetative swale", and will be replanting. Hopefully they keep their word and replace the three cedars (7-8 years grown) they ripped out with their excavator. Not to mention the 3-4 shore pines. And the twin berry that was gorgeous hanging over the back fence.


This is a before shot of the same view

And this is an after view - they literally ripped out all the trees with their evil machines - aka excavators.


I cried off and on all morning, and continue to mourn the little trees and native shrubs we planted along the creek bed, and nurtured along. Placed there to enhance the habitat along the creek.

On the positive note, we now have even more birds in our back yard and wild area. For this I am grateful.

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my god ... oh my god ... oh my god

I can hardly believe it ...

the earth weeps ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...