Tuesday, January 31, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - Winter Silhouette

Tree bereft of leaves
Stark branches against the sky 
Winter silhouette



I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos

Would you like to share a haiku you have written?  


You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. 



6 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Lovely haiku! Here's one of mine:

Forking over rent---
More than many can handle
if they like food too.

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Helen, I'm chuckling because of the haiku I've chosen to post today. I'm not copying, honest! I guess what my haiku lauds is my favorite tree, too. Well... my favorite after the coral bark maple in my yard. Great minds think alike! (One of Dad's oft-repeated sayings).

Madeleine... what a great haiku!

GlorV1 said...

I think it's a great Haiku. Been so busy I did'nt have time today. The Wednesday is almost over. Nice Haiku thanks for sharing.

GlorV1 said...

Okay I made it.:) Happy Haiku to all.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Helen! I was never good at Haiku when I was a wee child in school! You are so good at it. I love today's post.

lynnsie said...

Helen, I love your Haiku and the photo is gorgeous! I don't know Madeleine but I love her Haiku too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...